Posted 3 months ago
General duties and responsibilities:
- Establish soil microbial research focusing on understanding soil microbial change under various conditions.
- Act as the microbial & Agricultural subject matter expert (SME) to provide scientific guidance to relevant projects.
- Lead the study design, development, and implementation toward the delivery of the research strategy.
- Perform data analysis, processing, and interpretation of DNA/RNA sequencing data, and WGS data from the lab, and provide scientific interpretation.
- Perform tissue culture for multiple crops.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/Biotechnology, Agriculture, or any related discipline.
- 2+ Years of experience.
- A master’s degree or equivalent is an asset.
- Solid experience in tissue culture is a must.
- Solid experience in microbial gene editing is a must.
- Ability to be flexible & adaptable to changing technology.
- Documentation skills are required.
- Must be research oriented.